Sunday, October 24, 2010

homecoming weekend continued....

The last post was really long so I decided to divide homecoming weekend into 2 halves. This one's the second.

We continue from Friday night. So again I end up at the Asian house. 
That night we played cards and just hung out. 
I got to meet Corkey, Larry's moms pup. He's six but I still think he's a puppy because he's so tiny.
I just realized I don't have a picture of him.
He kinda reminds me of Brownie my dog back home, who compared to Corkey looks huge, hehe.
I miss brownie. No picture of him either :(

I forgot to bring my contact lens case that night, so had to take my contacts out in a glass of water.


Well my contacts survived that. So all's well.

The other night I walked like 5 hours so I had some major bruises on my sole. and was pretty tired but still went to work.

Then there was the UNI "panthers" vs the Illinois state University "Red birds" homecoming football game.
This was a total obliteration of the redbirds. 



Our panthers ended up chewing the red birds with a awesome score of 42 to 14. 
At one point of the game we were leading 35 to 7, thats like 4 more touchdowns. haha.

Before the game my friend Shang lost his cam on the way to the dome, so we went back to look for it. 
We missed a bit of the game.
To my surprise we found it just lying there on the grass near his house. 
Right there I realized how safe cedar falls is.

Then after that I went to the Asian house yet once again and carved pumpkins for Halloween. 
My good friend Khidir got a pumpkin as rotten as his luck last night. 
If I remember correctly one of his friends quoted "Your pumpkin smells like ass."
Any way all of us accept for Khoon who chose to carve Garfield finished our carving.


I found out there were some real artists hiding amongst us :D

Mine had a scary face, a Nepal flag, and a thunderbolt (just for ventilation for the candle)


Then comes Sunday.

Sunday usually is not that special so, today was good. 
I studied the whole day until 4 when I had dance practice. 
We figured out all the steps we wanted to put in the dance but there's always room for improvement.

Then after that had dinner with the guys from my floor.

Then My friend Abu called me to check out a new soccer ball he got. So I played soccer, after almost 2 months. Really felt exhilarating.

  
Thats about it. A nice weekend all in all. 
Now I'm looking forward to next weekend, which is Halloween weekend.
And also the day of reckoning for our dance skills.

So until next time, Shockyab out \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment