Wednesday, November 10, 2010

College kicks ass!

College kicks ass!!

of college kids to be precise.

It's been kickin' mine for quite some time now.
I find little time between school work, work work, organisational stuff and a bit of a social life.
That time I spend either wasting on you tube videos or listing to music.

This week started out nice.
No tests, few reading assignments, just 1 quiz and just a little busy preparing for "Focus on Brazil".
The "Focus" series is a chain of events that ICBS (International Club for Business Students) an organisation that I am involved in organizes.

So far we have done "Focus on Japan" 

No complaining. I took it with my cell phone camera. Not too shabby for a 2 mega pixel camera.

And next week is our second event "Focus on Brazil"



We also have a couple of other events thought up, Focus on Russia, which we'll be talked about soon, Focus on Malaysia, Focus on Nepal and Focus on Khidir.

The last one's a gag, just so you know.

These events are basically exposures to the general cultures of these countries, although we try to focus on the business culture because our group is made up of business students.

Anyway moving on.

On monday I was given an unexpected chance to represent ISP in front of NISG which is our school government. I had to talk to them about why our organisation is beneficial to the university and the students. I prepared for it before hand with some much needed help from Khidir again.
The talk went smooth and they said they'd let us know about their decision later in the week.

Before all this, on sunday my friend Shang was working at Smore's the ice cream place, which I just so happen to pass by. On that occasion he offered to surprise me with an awesome cone, which I couldn't refuse.
Can't really say that I was surprised, but this is what I got.


A five scoop monstrosity (which I had already started devouring by the time I took this picture.)
Base scoop of orange sherbet, toped with scoops of coffee, cookie and cream, birthday cake and finally a scoop of heath bar (I think)

It's fun to have friends in high places, hehe.

Speaking of high places one of my friends from Nepal found himself in a high place when he bought a new Ibanez 350DX.

Beautiful :")

BTW the guy who got this is Biplav or Lapey as we call him


I just realized I haven't talked much about my friends from back home.
Will have to dedicate some post to them, miss them :(

Any ways another thing reminding me of home these days are these clouds. 
Iowa does't have mountains. 
I'd be lying if I said I don't miss the mountains surrounding Kathmandu.

Here in Iowa these clouds (which I was too lazy to try and find pictures of) lingering in the horizon give me the false impression of mountains surrounding a valley.

Anyways, coming back to reality

Have a Karate grading tomorrow, and then need to look forward toward next week. 

Which has Focus on Brazil, International fassion show on campus for which I will be modeling (-_-') then the screening of 7 years in Tibet at the International Film festival on campus, then 2 tests,1 paper,1 quiz and also preparations for Achala's visit the week after. 

Holy Crap that's a lot of stuff I need to take care of.

So until next time, Shockyab out \m/

2 comments: