Sunday, November 7, 2010

off track for something meaningful.

This is highly unusual of me, getting off my routine and writing another post even though no mentionable current events have occurred since my last post.

Any ways I dedicate this post to La Familia.

Theres a lot of stuff going on concerning my family right now.

First thing. 

This past week in Nepal was Tihar (तिहार) which is also know as Diwali (in India), the festival of lights
.


I love it, the bright lights, children singing Deusi / Bhailo (something like Christmas carols), firecrackers, good food, just the festive feeling in the air and being with the family.

If you want to know more about Tihar here a link to a wiki page.

Second thing.

Its thanksgiving!! 


And my sister gonna be here in Cedar Falls!

I am excited about this, have the whole week planned, sorta.

Last year I went to North Carolina for thanksgiving and had an awesome time, so need to repay the debt :)

Third thing.

I'm going home!!


When winter strikes its sickest winds, bears its blizzardous (yeah I just made up a word) fangs, I'm gonna pack my bags and be true to the saying "when the going gets tough the tough get going."

This December It's back to the motherland, and accompanying me on this journey is Jon.

This will be the first time for Jon traveling out of the Americas or the western hemisphere.

Gonna be staying there for about 2 weeks, Chitwan, Pokhara, Nagarkot, Dhulikhel, you name it we'll be there.

Last thing.

Construction.


I despise construction and renovation, but my parents seem to love it. 
They are building a new house right now so, they're going to be a bit occupied when Jon and I get there.

I  also recently heard that they are adding a couple of rooms on the roof of our current house for me and Jon to stay in.

 Totally unnecessary, I'd say. But its pretty awesome.

Thanks aamla pala.

Well thats all I had to blab about.
I'll be continuing with this, the next time anything interesting comes up.

So until next time, Shockyab out \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment