Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A week in one day.

Today was awesome.

Usually I'm not the type of person who loves being busy.
I'm not lazy, I just like having nothing to do, which doesn't seem to happen very often in my life.

But today, after a gloomy and un fun weekend, I had this day. This day with a whole week worth of stuff jammed into one.

But I loved it. 

Oh and whatever happened today happened in Daura Suruwal.


My National cultural dress.

So today started with being a bit late for World Geo, then I decided to go help out at the ISP display table instead of Karate class which seemed kinda impossible in these tight pants.

So I talked to master Briggs.
Had a bit of a conversation with the master when the question where I was from popped up..

I told him I'm from Nepal.


To my surprise, turns out he's been to Nepal once every year since 2003.
We talked a bit about his adventure there and plans to return next April.

After that went and helped set up the ISP table and also with prep for ISA the fashion show.
Then wrote some people's names in Nepali on the back of bookmarks that we made yesterday.

Waiting for the fashion show.

Leading up to which I tried looking for the awesome thing that I call my flag, which was no where to be found. So had to carry a banner with Nepal written on it.
No offence to the person who made that, but I'd rather had had the flag instead.

Anyways, The show.
"It was fun" would be an understatement. It was grand, awe inspiring,  from start to finish.

After the show, helped with the ICBS event "Focus on Brazil"

This was great, lots of people showed up, personally learned a lot of stuff about Brazilian culture, got interested in capoeira, was too shy to go try it when asked for volunteers.

Anyway then got interviewed along with Khidir by Cat.

Then went to the screening of "7 years in Tibet".

I can't believe I hadn't seen this movie, especially since most of the people who find out I'm a mixed Tibetan talk to me about it. About the movie, I'm no reviewer so I better keep my trap shut.
Anyway met Yogendra Dai and Junu didi there too.

Well that's pretty much it. I just wanted to shorten my blogs since I've been ranting too much recently.

Oh almost forgot to mention ISP is now official.
Will be looking forward to the birthday next year.

3 days till break and 5 days till Achala!

So until next time, Shockyab out \m/.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment Shockyab! ~ In fact I do think 100%:100% = 50:50 because you are 200%. ;p

    Anyway. nice blog, keep on writing and develop yours
    do u know natalie also has blog?


    Love.
    catherine
    http://etinological.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete